Lowest DTPA Renal Scan cost in Bangalore / Bengaluru is ₹ 4050. You get upto 20% discount on market price. Choose from 2 labs given below for your DTPA Renal Scan in Bangalore / Bengaluru and book now!
- DTPA Renal Scan / Renal Dynamic Study
Sampige Onco Diagnostics
4.93 KM From You
Best Customer Service
Clumax Diagnostics, Jaya Nagar
4.43 KM From You
Best Customer Service
- Carry all the previous and recent doctor prescription & medical reports to the lab.
What is a DTPA Renal Scan?DTPA Renal scan is a process for diagnosing and evaluating the kidney functioning. Renal DTPA Scan detects all kinds of functional and structural abnormalities in the kidney without any surgical incision or invasion. It is done with the help of a Gamma camera and detectors which increases the accuracy and precision of diagnosis and analyzes the renal functioning. DTPA renal scanning evaluates relative kidney function, blood flow or any blockage in the renal arteries.
This is a painless and non-invasive procedure that involves the least amount of exposure to radiation, much less than the X-Ray. A nuclear medicine renal scan creates images that are made on the bases of the delivery of fluid into the kidneys via the blood vessels, the concentration of wastes in the kidney and excretion from the kidneys through the ureters and filling of the bladder. This whole process is seen under the Gamma rays (ionizing radiations) scanning machine to determine Kidney related problems faced by the patient.
Who is recommended for a DTPA Renal Scan?DTPA Renal Scan result helps to evaluate: 1) Decreased blood flow to the kidneys,
2) Presence of cysts or tumors in the kidneys,
3) Renovascular hypertension (high blood pressure due to narrowing of renal arteries),
4) Presence of any abscesses,
5) Presence of any infection or swelling,
6) Presence of blockage in the renal arteries,
7) The treatment after a surgery or treatment,
8) Any abnormality after a kidney transplant
9) It also shows how well urine is passing through the kidneys. It helps to find out whether there is a blockage that affects the flow of urine the kidneys.
What are the preparations required for a DTPA Renal Scan?For acquiring more information about the test, you must consult your doctor or the radiologist who will be responsible for your test. They would give you certain instructions required for the test, such as:
1) Bring your prescription or any previous scan or test reports along with you to the lab.
2) Your doctor may do a physical examination of your stomach. Prefer wearing comfortable clothes as your doctor may ask you to expose your belly or lower abdomen.
3) They may ask you to drink a plenty of water 2 hours prior your test and stay well hydrated. The radiologist will ask you to urinate before the test.
4) Please inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Probably the doctor will not allow you for this test.
5) The patient will be asked to change into a loose and comfortable hospital gown provided by the lab.
6) You will not be allowed to carry any metal objects such as belt, zippers, hairpins, hearing aids, removable dental work, metallic spectacles or jewelry. Metals can create interference with the scan reports.
7) The patient is allowed to take routine medicines before the test.
8) Prior to the scan, a small dosage of radioactive injection is injected into the patient's vein. The radioactive works as a kidney tracer.
9) Inform the lab technician if you are taking any blood pressure medications. The doctor may ask you to stop the medications 4 to 7 days prior to your test.
10) MAG3 (Mercaptoacetyltriglycine) can be given to young children and the patients with poor kidney function to get better images.
What is the procedure for a DTPA Renal Scan?On the arrival of the patient at the considerate lab, a lab technician will measure your height and weight. They will provide you some water to drink prior your scan. Your blood pressure will also be measured and if the doctor finds everything convincing you will be sent to the scanning room.
You will be asked to change into the hospital gown and lie on an examination table. A radioactive tracer (radioisotope) will be injected into the patient's vein that will help in highlighting the blood flow in the renal arteries that will be clearly visible under the Gamma rays. The radioisotope emits gamma rays that are detected by a Gamma camera placed under the patient's examination table. The special camera scans the kidney and tracks its functioning. The recorded images are reflected on an attached computer that gives a detailed information about the patient's kidneys. A technologist monitors the computer and makes reports on the basis how radioisotope interacts with the kidneys.
Along with the radioisotope, your radiologist will also inject a dosage of diuretic called Frusemide that reduces the absorption of the water by the kidneys and helps the kidneys to form more urine.
The whole procedure is consists of two sessions. First when the patient is injected with a nuclear tracer and the second when the patient is scanned for 30 to 45 minutes. After the first session, the patient is asked to wait for 2-4 hours as the tracer takes time to absorb into the patient's body. Whereas, in the second scanning session the patient will be asked to clear the bladder before the process begins. Then the patient will be asked to lie on the table and positioned under the gamma camera and remain as still as possible. Movement or disturbance may lead to blur images and less accuracy in the results.
The results are generally available within 24 hours after the test.
What are the risks of DTPA Renal Scan?Some risks are: 1) The body is exposed to harmful radiations during the scan. However, the dosage used is minimal in amount.
2) Injected contrast dye can cause allergic reactions to the patient.
What are the benefits of DTPA Renal Scan?The benefits of the scan usually outweigh the risks. Such as: 1) The DTPA Scan gives an early and precise diagnosis.
2) It helps in accurate monitoring and treatment.
What are the tests ordered with DTPA Renal Scan?There are some other tests that your doctor may order you along with DTPA Renal Scan. They are Ultrasound KUB, Ultrasound KUB And PVR, KFT (Kidney Function Test), Urine Culture And Sensitivity and Urine Routine Examination.
Ultrasound KUB (Kidney, Ureter, Bladder) Price in Bangalore, KFT Test Price in Bangalore, Urine Culture & Sensitivity Test Price in Bangalore, Urine Routine Exam Price in Bangalore
What is DTPA Renal Scan Cost in Bangalore / Bengaluru?The lowest cost of DTPA Renal Scan in Bangalore / Bengaluru is ₹ 4050. We guarantee economical price of DTPA Renal Scan in Bangalore / Bengaluru with full quality assurance. You will also get 3% cash back for DTPA Renal Scan completed through us.
Summary of Lab Options for DTPA Renal Scan in Bangalore / Bengaluru
- Minimum DTPA Renal Scan cost in Bangalore / Bengaluru available through LabsAdvisor.com is ₹ 4050.
- For your DTPA Renal Scan in Bangalore / Bengaluru more than 2 certified labs are available.
- You will get a discount of up to 20% over the market price on DTPA Renal Scan price in Bangalore / Bengaluru when booking through us.
- The lab nearest to you for DTPA Renal Scan in Bangalore / Bengaluru is just 4.43 kms away.
Lowest DTPA Renal Scan cost in Bangalore / Bengaluru
Clumax Diagnostics (Minimum Cost Lab) which is approximately, 4.43 kms away from your current location offers a price of ₹ 4050.0. This is a discount of 0.0% over the market price of DTPA Renal Scan at Clumax Diagnostics. This discount at Clumax Diagnostics is exclusively for customers who book through LabsAdvisor.com. This lab has a rating of 4.6 as given by 1356 patients who have used this lab through LabsAdvisor.com. The lab offers Hygiene, Car Parking, Women Assistance, Home Collection, Best Quality, Certified Lab, Lowest Price and Near You for some tests.
Nearest Lab(s) for DTPA Renal Scan in Bangalore / Bengaluru
The nearest lab to you for DTPA Renal Scan is Clumax Diagnostics. This lab is approximately 4.43 kms away from your current location. The cost offered by Clumax Diagnostics for DTPA Renal Scan is ₹ 4050.0 which is 0.0% discount on its standard rates. DTPA Renal Scan has a rating of 4.6 as given by 1356 customers who have used the lab services through LabsAdvisor.com. The services offered by Clumax Diagnostics include, Hygiene, Car Parking, Women Assistance, Home Collection, Best Quality, Certified Lab, Lowest Price and Near You.
Lab(s) for DTPA Renal Scan in Bangalore / Bengaluru with Highest Rating and Service
The highest service rating for DTPA Renal Scan is received by Sampige Onco. Over 191 past customers have provided feedback about this lab. The cost of DTPA Renal Scan in Sampige Onco offered on LabsAdvisor.com is ₹ 5200.0. You are getting a discount of 20.0% on the standard rates of Sampige Onco by booking through us instead of booking with Sampige Onco directly. Sampige Onco is around 4.93 kms from your entered location. The lab offers services like Hygiene, Car Parking, Women Assistance, Home Collection and Best Quality.